Welcome to Sporting Life
Fishing, Hunting & Tramping Equipment
For the most up to date information about the fishery please follow the links below:
The team at Sporting Life is also now welcoming customers back in store to help with any inquiries and provide boat loads of valuable information. The online store is continuously being upgraded, so feel free to have a look and check in regularly. We are now allowing the use of hire gear, so no excuse to not go fishing!
Please be advised that we have the following processes in place:
- Feel free to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Follow good hygiene practices by not coming in store if you feel unwell – we are very happy to process orders by phone, email and online
- Try not to touch any merchandise that you don’t intend to purchase. Although it can’t always be helped, it does mean just a little less cross-contamination for everyone.
- We are also hiring out gear, and these are cleaned to Check, Clean, Dry protocols.
- We regularly sanitise Eftpos machines, benches and other common surfaces.
- Please maintain social distancing wherever possible, this helps to protect those in the community that are still at risk.
We are here to help,
Happy fishing and tight lines from the Staff at Sporting Life
Sporting Life is situated in the township of Turangi on the banks of the Blue Ribbon Fishery on the Tongariro River. The river is a mecca for trout anglers worldwide and a source of The Great Lake Taupo, as well as being ‘The Gateway to the World Heritage National Park’ of Tongariro.
Sporting Life has been an owner operated store since opening in 1968. We are a stockist of tackle for fly fishing the local and backcountry, as well as boat fishing on the Lakes. We also stock a range of hunting and tramping equipment for visitors of the Tongariro Heritage Park and Kaimanawa Ranges, only a short drive away.
Whether you’re walking, tramping, mountain biking, rafting, hunting, fishing, boating or just enjoying the great outdoors, Sporting Life is there to make it more enjoyable.
We’re New Zealand agents for:
- Simms Waders and Accessories
- Sage Fly Rods and Fly Reels
- Redington Fly Rods Reels and Waders
- Patagoina Waders and Patagonia Wading boots
- Magnum Neoprene Waders
- Airflo Fly Rods and Fly Lines
- Kilwell Fly Rods
- Scientific Anglers Fly Lines
- Lamson Fly Reels
- Manic Tackle Flies
- Umpqua Flies
- Umpqua Fly Tying Materials
- Wapsi Fly Tying Materials
- Rio Fly Lines
- Scott Fly Rods
- Primal Fly Rods
- Echo Fly Rods
- Loon Outdoors
- Category 3 Flies
RIO InTouch Perception floating fly line (camo/tan/grey) in WF7
Patagonia Foot Tractor Boots in sizes US8, 9, 10, 11, 12