Tongariro River Flow: 57.5m3/sec
Weather: Mostly Cloudy
An update re: Tongariro river flow
"The Poutū Intake and Tunnel works has been delayed by 24 hours. We now expect the works to be completed tomorrow night, Wednesday 3 May, flows returning to their usual levels during Tongariro Power Scheme operations from Thursday."
A warm welcome back to Tim McCarthy who has returned for the winter season. He is a valued team member, and we are very excited to have him here. Whether he is busy tying flies for the shop or selling high end rods, the man is madly skilled and knowledgeable.
We continue to wait with anticipation for the Tongariro river flow to return as we know it to be, just in time for the fresh rainbows now entering the system. Shop Dad has been out and about to score himself some really fat chromers which is great to see.
Reeling For Winter 😝
The shop's reel cabinet is looking reel flash lately 🤭 and it's locked and loaded with some great brands and models to suit your winter freshwater needs whether it's for nymphing, wetlining, spey or euro-nymphing! We have it covered.
Take a look for yourself, listed below is a small selection of what we have to offer.
- Extra-Large diameter frame for 15% faster line pickup
- Narrow spool for intuitive level-winding
- Ultra sleek and lightweight for its size
- Ultra-Robust SCS Drag
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Radius cornered reel foot to prevent line/leader abrasion
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave, ported arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Large diameter ergonomic handle
- Quick-change spool mechanism
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum